- Case Studies
- Thought Leadership
- Media Center
- Highest Rated
Right People, Wrong Roles: The Impact of Career Fit
As the competition for talent continues to heat up, finding employees and leaders with critical skills has become challenging. Once in place, keeping these employees in the right roles at the right time is essential to winning.
In a recent ManpowerGroup study of employees and leaders from North American organizations, 39% of all respondents and 45% of millennials viewed career opportunities AND type of work as the main reasons for their engagement. Job growth shows no signs of abating and full employment is expected by mid-year, so unwanted turnover becomes problematic on several levels. A conservative cost estimate for an employee voluntarily leaving an organization is $60K-$100K based on level and role.
Employees have to continually ask themselves:
- Am I adding real value every day in my current role?
- Am I growing and expanding my network across the organization?
- Am I adding new skills that will position me for other opportunities?
- Do I have a clear vision of what skills to develop and how?
- Are we making the right decisions about putting our talent in the right roles?
- Are our leaders comfortable and effective in talking with their employees about their career fit, satisfaction and aspirations?
- Do we have a culture, technology and clear processes that enable employees to move across the organization to contribute value in new ways?
Manage your Right Management Subscriptions
We not only respect your privacy, but we respect your inbox too. We don't want to send you any more emails than you want. YOU control the amount and types of emails you receive from us. Use this page anytime to instantly update your email marketing preferences in real-time.
Please verify your personal information and then let us know how we can communicate with you.
Thank you for signing up!
Watch your inbox for the latest thought leadership from Right Management.