- Case Studies
- Thought Leadership
- Media Center
- Highest Rated
Five Ways to Help Women Leaders Reach (for) the Stars
In a recent survey of 22k companies around the world, nearly 33% lacked women in key leadership positions. Learn how organizations can help women become more “visible stars” and achieve success for themselves and the bottom line.
- Nearly 33% of the companies had no women on their boards or in any C-Suite roles.
- 60% had no female board members.
- 50% had no female top executives.
- More than 95% did not have a female CEO.
- Retool your performance management strategy todemonstrate real commitment to implementing diversity through targeted promotional and recruiting strategies.
- Educate your leaders, top to bottom, to demonstrate full commitment to this cultural shift in that the best person for the job is may look very different than the person who held it last
- Recalibrate mission-critical job descriptions, especially those at the top. Harvard Business Review notes that “women tend to take job descriptions at face value, and not apply for positions if they do not feel they have the skills or experience listed, while men are more likely to reach for jobs they are under qualified for.” This suggests companies should take a hard look at their job descriptions and make sure they emphasize the cognitive requirements for the position versus specific types of experience. Women, in turn, may be more likely to reach for the stars and apply for challenging positions.
- Shift your corporate culture toward greater collaboration and inclusion. Many of our clients are accelerating movement in this direction and establishing core values that, as one senior leader from a high tech company recently said, “make us behave less like ‘alpha males’ and more like people should—collaboratively and respectfully.”
- Reset organizational paradigms. Getting people at all levels to push back on unhealthy conflict, finger pointing and talking over people, especially women, is a cultural best practice that will have a huge impact on your external branding. As your employee engagement numbers rise, so will your employee retention rates, client satisfaction rates and customer referrals.
Manage your Right Management Subscriptions
We not only respect your privacy, but we respect your inbox too. We don't want to send you any more emails than you want. YOU control the amount and types of emails you receive from us. Use this page anytime to instantly update your email marketing preferences in real-time.
Please verify your personal information and then let us know how we can communicate with you.
Thank you for signing up!
Watch your inbox for the latest thought leadership from Right Management.